Chris's Blog: A weekend of New Music?

Monday, October 03, 2005

A weekend of New Music?

Well maybe not, actually a lot of the bands playing weren't that new. Especially the headliners that had. The Burden Brothers been around for a couple of years and Bowling for Soup has been around for almost 10 years. I think a Dozen Furies has only been around 2 years maybe. There were the smaller local bands that I saw that were new. I mean we played and we aren't new. I guess the organizers of the festival know that Deep Ellum is in a slump and needed some big hitters to attract some fans down there. Was it worth it for them? I don't know, I know that they probably paid at least 2 of the headliners a sizeable amount of money and I know that they didn't pay any of the other bands anything, at least if they did they didn't pay us anything. Some of the bands I have never seen before that impressed me: 3 fantastic and the Burden Brothers, and I probably watched around 30 bands. Now bands I do know that I watched and liked before where Big Loo, Minority, One Up and FFTN. It was nice weather and on Friday night I got a great drunk on, so not a bad weekend at all. All hail the New Music Festival of the old.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Cloutier said...

Old Zackaria, yep wish I would have seen you too. Don't get me wrong the Burden Brothers rocked, especially the last couple of Toadies songs they played. They just are very new...

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home