Chris's Blog: Play it again Sam

Friday, September 23, 2005

Play it again Sam

I went to the Black Crowes concert last night and wow what a band. Their Keyboard player blew me away and of course vocalist Chris Robinson sounded like he had just drank a bottle of whiskey and smoked a pack of cigarettes, so in other words EXCELLENT! Now I play in a band, and to my knowledge we have not written a "hit" song. The Black Crowes have written several and one hit in particular that they didn't play was their biggest one "She Talks to Angels." The musician side of me understands, after playing one song 1,000,000,000 times it gets a little old, but the fan side of me wanted to hear the band play that song. Artists have it tough, first we strive our whole lives to write that song or paint that picture and when we finally do it becomes so over exposed we had the very thing that allows us to achieve a maximum level of success. As I stated before I don't know how it feels and am starting to wonder if I even want to know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home