Chris's Blog: To Job or not to Job, that is the question?

Thursday, September 29, 2005

To Job or not to Job, that is the question?

A lot of people now know I work for Kidd Kraddick and his morning circus. I know guys usually think "Kidd Kraddick, that dude is a girly girly", well he really is a kewl dude. I respect him to know end because of the risks he has taken and the empire he has built. And to be honest, other than getting to play music to a large captive audience, this job with him isn't a really a job. What I mean is a job is something you dred having to do, but do it because it makes you money. Sure we all need money. To let you know what kind of guy I am, I have been playing music for 13 years on stage, and probably averages about $1,000 a year in income from music. Break that down and it just doen't add up to much, pennies on the hour. I love music though and I love getting on stage and playing a song that I or the band has written and seeing people enjoy it. Working with Kidd isn't much different, I get to help entertain people in a different way and a lot of it is fun. I have never been yelled at for wearing shorts and flip flops to work. Or I have never been gripped at for being late and when I do a good job they say "hey good job." Sure I have jobs that I work for money and those take a lot out of me. I hope and pray one day my music will become a career, wouldn't that be nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home