Chris's Blog: SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!

Well this SUCKS! I am getting let go at the beginning of the year at 106.3 the buzz, the alt rock station that I was doing overnights for. The PD said she is having to cut back her budget and if she lets me go that frees up a WHOLE $150.00 a month for her budget. I guess this means I am officially in radio and man it really sucks hard. I thought being a road musician was a crappy job. Being a local touring musician you don’t get much respect or make any money and you deal with a lot of A-hole’s and I am finding out that radio is the same. Music has always been something that I enjoy and I am sure it is something I always will enjoy, but I am finding how twisted it really can be. Plus I am starting to question my talents, maybe I suck and that is why I haven’t gone anywhere. I mean I have been trying to bust into the national music scene for15 years now and I don’t think I am any closer now than I was then. I thought that working as a DJ and working with the Kidd Kraddick in the Morning show might help and give me another avenue with my music, but to be honest I don’t think it has that much. I have had a blast making fun of myself and writing goofy songs, but for the majority of the morning I sit back in a dark room and update a website for the show and to be honest that isn’t that much fun for me. Working the overnight at the Buzz was kewl because I got to be on the radio from midnight to 6am.

When I first got here I had a fire burning inside of me. I wanted to learn all I could and make a name for myself in my new career. I quit a high paying job to work part-time and make nothing. It was a choice that I made willingly. Funny thing is the more I tried to learn other jobs and help out around here the more I got pushed back. It has been a frustrating experience.

Of course I did hate the corporate world I came from too. It was high paying, but my heart totally wasn’t there. Even though every other day I get call or email offering me a job.
I guess bottom line is I am a little frustrated. I have learned the more you want something the more it doesn’t want you. and the more you don’t want something the more it wants you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let it get you down. I can def say that you don't suck and you reach more people than you know. Your songs on Kidd Kraddick always make me laugh and that DAMN Radio Dream Job song, I still sing ALL THE TIME. Through the KKITM show, I discovered Monkeyshyne and I downloaded all the songs from ITunes. I can honestly say that I love all the songs. You guys are really talented and regardless of whether you get nationally famous, your music has brought joy to a lot of people!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home