Chris's Blog: Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire

Monday, November 27, 2006

Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire

That is the name of my new ROCK band! Don't worry I am not quitting monkeyshyne this is just a side project that my brothers and I are starting (and Keith). It's an all 80's cock rock and metal band. right now the band is really in the baby stages (also known as the SUCK stage). I figure we will only get together about every 3 to 4 months to "practice", which is good for monkeyshyne and not so good for the new band.

We got together this past Friday night for an all night jam. We started at 5pm and didn't finish till 12:30am. We played for over 7 hours, but amazingly enough we only played 4 songs from start to finish. Collectively we know about 100 parts and pieces of songs with the key phrase being parts and pieces...We even decided on a list of songs before we got together for all of us to learn, but that didn't help much...

In this band I am actually getting to play drums and sing. YES I said play drums and I must say I am not that bad, I am not that good, but I am not that bad. Keith (monkeyshyne bass player) is playing guitar and he is actually good. Pat my 2nd oldest brother is playing bass and if he has it his way he is singing every song. Sean my 3rd oldest brother is playing guitar and singing and Mark my youngest brother is also singing and playing guitar. Together we make up the band called "Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire Fire." The name is an old running joke amongst the brothers and one day soon I will divulge its meaning, but I don't want to give too much away right now. In radio they call that a tease...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home