Chris's Blog: Kidd's Kids Trip

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Kidd's Kids Trip

I don't know if you know, but one of my jobs is working for Kidd Kraddick in the Morning and this past weekend I joined them on their annual Kidd's Kids trip. I just have to say it was truly an emotional trip. It really helped me to appreciate the things I have and what I am capable of doing. Most of the times we get so caught up in our little worlds we don't realize how great we really have it and how bad some people have it. Most of these kids, even though disabled, were totally acting like kids regardless of their condition. These kids had the strength of men, but still had the hearts of children. I know that it has filled my emotional gas tank for a while. I am sure after being back in Dallas for a couple of days will change that...you know what I mean, like driving in 5pm traffic, and cursing at the F$&#er who just cut you off because you just lost 2 seconds and he just gained 2 seconds when getting home...WHO F$#%ing cares...Or sitting in line at the fast food drive thru thinking "What are you ordering the whole F$##ING store..." once again who cares. Really there are so many more important things like our relationships, dreams and desires...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home