Chris's Blog: The Bet (that we DIDN’T make)

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Bet (that we DIDN’T make)

Colin and I proposed to make a bet on the Mavericks game this past Saturday. I was betting they would loose and he was betting they would win. I wanted to bet money and he wanted to bet for pride. Well I never AGREED to his bet. He suggested it and I told him I would think about it. It was proposed if he won then I was supposed to blog about how great he is and if I won he was to do the same for me. It just wasn’t a good bet for me.

The problem is I really do think Colin is one of the best drummers around. Hell, I have seen him go from heavy metal double bass drumming to a smooth acoustic style. And when that boy has a metronome in his ear he is solid as a rock when it comes to timing. If you pay enough attention his stick twirls are even in time. Even though we didn’t make the bet I don’t mind writing these things about him. He has also been a really good friend over the years and put up with a lot of my $hit, I consider him a brother.

And if I won I didn’t want him to have to make up a bunch of lies about me. I can’t even come up with a list of my good qualities other than my head shines really bright under a bright light (I am the shyne in monkeyshyne).

Betting for me is really only fun when there is money involved. Sure I talk about how I don’t care about money and don’t care about money, but there is a deep dark side of me that cares about money. Yes the truth hurts.



Here is a pic of my buddy Colin, best drummer in Texas


Here is a pic of me TRYING to be as kewl as my buddy, you know imitation is the highest form of flattery…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home