Chris's Blog: Behind the music

Monday, May 22, 2006

Behind the music

This past Saturday in practice something happened that I don’t think has ever happened in the history of monkeyshyne. I was the only one not to get into a fight. Usually it is me and any one of the other 3 guys that get into it somehow. Sometimes it is me against all 3 of them (I’m not scared). This Saturday the tide finally turned.

First it was Colin and Keith getting a little heated. We were working on a new song and Colin was asking me to play the guitar lines so we could come up with a beat. During that time Keith was also trying to play along. Colin asked him several times to stop and Keith got upset because he was also trying to work out parts to the song too. When Keith gets really mad at you he won’t look at you, and he wasn’t looking at Colin. And nowhere during the whole time did I get involved, AMAZING. Colin also suggested Keith play a different bass line which I think kind of started Keith’s ill feelings towards Colin. Once again, I was nowhere to be found in the conversion, GOOD CHRIS.

Then Oz had a suggestion for a drum beat. He tried to explain it to Colin, but a guitarist trying to explain drums to a drummer is like a cow trying to explain why they are gods in the Indian culture to a monkey, it just doesn’t make sense. They didn’t get mad at each other, but I saw Colin getting a little frustrated because the translation between him and Oz wasn’t happening. Once again where was Chris? He was in the corner minding his own business.

I finally got to see what it was like working with me and boy I didn’t like it. Usually I am the one instigating all the fights, not because I like too, just because I am hard headed. Don’t worry everyone made up by the end of the day and we drove out to Temple, Tx. later that night to rock. I think I am going to turn over a new leaf and stop being so damned stubborn and mean. And after this weekend all I can say is Colin and Keith better have worked out there parts in that new song or some heads are gonna roll…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home