Chris's Blog: Idea to support local music

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Idea to support local music

Ok so the guys and I came up with a new idea, it is a little crazy, but I think it just might catch on. We have this new site called http://www.monkeyshine.info where we will talk about our favorite bands, try and do interviews and promote other shows on the weekends we aren't in town or are not playing. Yes it is under our name and yes it have everything to do with our opinion. That is the beauty of it, we are not trying to hide the fact that is our bias, we are not calling it the "Local Show" or "Scream for Me Dallas" or "local cocks rock", we are calling it monkeyshine.info. As far as those other sites go, they are proposing to support the scene in as much of a non bias way that they can and I say BULLSHIT. How many times have you ever heard monkeyshyne on the "Local Show" with Chris Ryan, NEVER, how many times will you hear us in the future, well that is NEVER. Or Robert Miquel's "Scream for me Dallas", how many times have you heard him promote monkeyshyne, oh that would be NEVER. See these guys on these shows find there favorite bands and just promote them, in the 5 years I have been going out to deep ellum and the local scene, I have seen Chris Ryan 2 times and Robert 3 and I have either player or hung out down there about 5000 times in the last 5 years (do the math yes that is impossible, but my point is it is a lot). And these guys are supposed to be supporting the local scene? So we are not going to lie to you, we are going to support the bands WE like, we are going to tell you what WE want to tell you.

Ok now on the flip side there are people in the scene who I do feel try to promote all of it. That would be Chaz with Texas Radio 1, Cindy Chaffon from Texasgigs.com and Iceberg from Renegade Radio.net. Sure I am bias because all of them have shown us love, but I have seen them support many, many different styles and types of bands outside of their favorites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home