Chris's Blog: Better Late than Never Right?

Monday, October 22, 2007

Better Late than Never Right?

Well, I probably won’t be invited back to play Joe’s Crab Shack, so much for my future… why you ask? Because we, Keith and I, were late. We were about 30 minutes late. Not because we left late, because the stupid website had wrong directions. So we ended up in Irving looking for a restaurant the was in Grapevine. After a few phone calls we finally got correct directions, but this was during 5/6 o’clock rush hour. We would have been there on time if their directions didn’t suck… I even told the managers that and they didn’t seem to believe me. Sometimes it sucks being a musician because by default you are irresponsible. It is up to you to prove otherwise, and I didn’t do a good job of that.

Other than that the people that did show up enjoyed the night. And Keith and I both had a good time sharing the stage again, just like in monkeyshyne. I did miss the other guys, but it was at least nice to play with half the band. I know I got kind of emotional when I played a couple of monkeyshyne tunes. And I know some of our old monkeyshyne fans got emotional too. It felt good… no GREAT… so if anyone knows of a place that I can play in the area, that is laid back, pays decent, and doesn’t mind if I am late because of bad directions and traffic, please send them my way.

Also I wrote Oz a text message saying "mis u" that his wife got a hold of... She said "I KNEW you and Chris were gay..." then Oz let her listen to the phone call I left earlier that day telling him that I wish he could have been on stage with me. I was going to send Big Colin one too, but he is doing so well with his new life, I don't want to get him all screwed up on music again. I am totally responsible for him being in it as long as he was. But trust me I missed him too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Come to think of it, Kelly and I showed up later because Mapquest creates a partial vacuum as well.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home