Chris's Blog: It is all over...

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It is all over...

Yep we had our last show this past Saturday night in Temple, TX. And yes it was officially our last show, no more last last shows...until maybe next month. Once again this show was awesome. I think before the first set ended we had each slammed down 5 shots. And one of those shots was some Wild Turkey or what I like to call gasoline... it totally tasted like ass, or maybe I am just getting old. For me the night never really got emotional. I am like the majority of men out there, when the going gets tough or you have a serious problem or issue to solve, you drink heavily and push your feelings down inside as far as you can. This way you don't have to deal with them at the moment. I can't remember the last 2 hours of the night, but I heard it was REALLY good. I even remember one of our fans putting a Coke up on stage and telling me I need to start drinking that... Yah right, if you want to see me cry... Ever day is like a roller coaster, some days I am OK with monkeyshyne not being a band anymore. And then some days I miss it like missing a significant other. Sure I have a cover band I am jamming with, and the guys in it are really kewl and good too, but in the back of my mind it hurts a little. They say time heals all wounds, so give me some time and I will be alright, or maybe every body in the band will be ready to get back together... I can always dream right... I figure I will keep monkeyshyne.com updated for a while, no reason to take it down yet. Plus I will have the live CD and DVD of our last Dallas show for sale soon. Once again thanks for listening over the years. And I hope you continue to listen when I come out with like 15 new bands. Colin, Oz, Keith, you guys will always have a special place in my heart, better go get drunk now before I start crying...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home