Chris's Blog: Point Break

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Point Break

If you have not already read on the front page of monkeyshyne.com, the band is breaking up. Yep that's right, after 7+ years as monkeyshyne we are finally calling it quits. It is not because we hate each other, it is because some of our goals have started to change and we feel it is just easier to go our own ways other than try and hold something together. It is kind of like that girlfriend that you love, the sex is good, but you guys are over and you just hold on because it is comfortable. I am sad, but also happy that we were able to stay together this long. I have always tried to drive these guys to the highest levels and put out the best music we could live or in studio. And for many years we busted our butts to make the best music we could.

I always thought we had a chance to become world famous and fly around the world in our own private planes, but I guess it just wasn't in the cards. The hardest thing for me is I really did try hard to achieve something I thought I could achieve and ended up falling short of my ultimate goal. But as they say it is better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all. Sure if you want the heart ache and you want to feel like shit...but I digress what is meant to be, is meant to be and this wasn't meant to be.

I do believe we did make a small mark in the music world. We have a loyal fan base, we have been on local and national radio. We have been on national and local TV. We have opened for bands like Los Lonely Boys, Blue October and Lovecracker. We have had some magazines say really nice things about us and others say really mean things about us. We spent numerous hours learning the ins and outs of van auto repair. We spooned on many cold nights...We met all kinds of interesting people and we made pretty decent money on the side.

We will have 5 more shows in the future, 1 in June, 2 in July and 2 in August and after the 2 in August we are done. We plan on having our last show be a BIG Dallas show with many special guests.

Don't you cry for me Argentina, I will be back. I won't quit music, I don't think I can. In one form or another I will be back.

Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home