Chris's Blog: Our Last Stand?!?!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Our Last Stand?!?!

I believe a few people have been speculating about the demise of monkeyshyne because of our latest CD title "Last Stand." I guess the joke has been kind of lost on most people who are not musicians. Most people don't know what a guitar stand looks like. If you look real closely on the front, back and inside of our CD, we have pictures of a beat up guitar stand. Yes we thought we were being very humorous at the time, but maybe now that I think about it, it wasn't so funny. Oh who am I kidding it was brilliant and I didn't even think of it. I also would be lieing if I didn't say that there is always a chance of any CD we put out being our last CD and "Last Stand" just kind of symbolised that in one bold statement. I think that if we put out another CD after this last one (and we plan too) we will call this one "We Lied..."

Also I just want to say "Thank You" to everyone who came out to the show this past Saturday night. Playing outdoors on that open stage made us feel huge. It was nice to look off the stage and see a big crowd of monkeyshyne fans. Playing music can be GREAT and shitty all at the same time. When you are on stage and people are enjoying what you do, it is GREAT. When you are in hot practice room trying to convince 3 other guys that you are right and they are wrong, it is really shitty. It is shows like this past Saturday that make the shitty times bearable.

(Colin aren't you proud of me I said shitty 3 times in my blog, that's what I call no filtering)

Oh yah and one more thing, that picture the Keith posted on his blog is not a joke...well...I mean that the kewl model people asked Oz to sit in for a couple of pictures...wow...Oz you suck...beautifully...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home