Chris's Blog: Make a Request

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Make a Request

If you haven’t noticed we are constantly making changes to our new website. Not only are we giving it a facelift, but we are trying to add some things that might be helpful to all of our 1’s of fans.

We just added a new "Make a Request" section where you can look over the songs that we currently play and send us a request when we come to your side of the world. I can’t tell you how many times someone has asked us to play something older or a cover song we don’t know at a show and we don’t play it because we have had no time to practice it. Here is your chance to change that. I know that Audra will always ask for “Take a Chance” when we go to Tyler. But I honestly forget what other fans like and that bothers me. This is a way for us to never forget. I can remember Anna from Temple asking us to learn a song from the Beatles called Anna. She asked for months and months and months, but I just kept forgetting the name of the song and the band (easy mistake right, Beatles who?).

Plus if you are new to monkeyshyne music maybe you didn’t know that we even played other peoples music. Maybe you really like “Blister in the Sun” and “Lovin’s What I Got.” And now you see that we play them then that would give you a little incentive to come to our show. I am ok with that (but I will guarantee monkeyshyne’s original music will be better!)

See for me and the guys the more asses we put in the club and in front of us while we are on stage the more energy we get to share with everyone. And of course the better the memory we get to make.

If we are headed to your side of the street hop on over to our request page and make a request, who knows, we may just surprise you and actually play the song you request…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home