Chris's Blog: IMPORTANT!!!!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

IMPORTANT!!!!

I, monkeyshyne senior upper management, have decided to resign as monkeyshyne upper management and because of this all shows are cancelled until informed otherwise. I have reached this decision after Keith's hurtful blog. What does he not think that I have feelings. Sure I may look kewl, ok I may look really kewl, but on the inside I do have a heart just like everyone else. Sure I may have forgotten to book a hotel room, but to be honest I wanted us to all share in the adventure of finding a hotel. And as far as requesting for everyone to update their blogs, that isn't for me, it is for all of our fans that enjoy reading about us and our lives everyday. I know that work can get boring and always having a monkeyshyne blog to read is like know that cup of coffee is going to be there in the morning.

I am sorry Keith, Colin or Oz if I have made you guys suffer, please feel free each and everyone of you to take over senior upper management. To be kind I made a list of things you will need to do throughout the week:

- Talk to the club bookers - Randy, Danny, Mike, Adam, Chandra, Doug, David, Alex, Janice, Tony and Bill. (don't worry I have numbers and the time of day to call for all of them)
- Balance the books every week. On Sundays after the weekend you need to take all the reciepts during the week and how much money we made and keep track of somehow (I have a spreadsheet you could use, but I am sure it is inferior).
- Update the monkeyshyne website every monday morning
- Do weekly maintanence of van - Usually isn't much unless a hose has busted or a fan has fallen of, or the bolts that hold the alternator snapped, or....you get the point, could be a little work, could be a lot
- Listening and picking out songs that the band might cover. Don't worry when you bring your list in everybody in the band will hate it, so don't put too much time into this one.
- Send out any posters, flyers or mail order CD's for the week. On average that has been about 1 or 2 a week. Unfortunately it takes the same amount of time for 1 as it does for 10, so you are looking at about 30 minutes on this one because you have to buy the envelopes, fullfil the order then drop it of at the Post Office.

Those are all the things I can think of at the moment, but I am sure others will pop up. The good thing is the above things only take anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a week, so between the 3 of you, you should be able to get it done in no time.

Oh and you might want to get on that booking thing, I would hate to miss anymore shows than we already have too...

Retired Senior Upper Management
Chris

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to out source the senior management responsibilities...


Have you posted the position on Monster yet??? What kinda salary/benefits come with the job?

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK YOUR POINT WAS MADE VERY WELL! I'M SURE YOU LEFT OUT SOME JOB DETAILS AND I THINK IN REALITY YOU PROBABLY CUT YOURSELF SHORT ON A COUPLE OF HOURS A WEEK.

I THINK THAT GUY I THINK HIS NAME MIGHT BE CLIFF, YOU KNOW THE ROADIE THAT HATES THAT TITLE, MAYBE HE SHOULD TAKE OVER.....COULD PROVE TO BE INTERESTING?????? GOOD LUCK CHRIS!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home