Chris's Blog: Shakira, LIVE and yes I was there

Monday, September 25, 2006

Shakira, LIVE and yes I was there

Shakira, yes I went

Yes I went to the Shakira concert this past weekend and no I am not ashamed. I went with my wife because it was the right thing to do and a lot of times I don’t get to hang with her so I don’t really mind where we go when we do hang out. First let me say that I was impressed with the band she had backing her and yes she can sing, other than that it was almost painful. There were several times where she would grab a guitar and “play.” Me being a guitarist I could totally tell she wasn’t strumming the same pattern that the actual guitarist was strumming. To me that is just a cheesy as lip syncing. I’ve got an idea, just don’t play guitar if you can’t and be genuine. I was also expecting her to dance and move her hips like the whole time, but nope that didn’t happen. She did kind of dance, but not as much as I would expect from someone who is known for her dancing. And the last thing was when she would look around the room you could see the expressions on her face and she would get this shy little girl look, it was pathetic, like “look at me I am soooo cute.”

Overall the show was “eh.” Yes I know you are probably still saying to yourself “What Chris went to Sharkira…”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home