Chris's Blog: What You Need?

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What You Need?

It is funny how life works sometimes. Yesterday I found out that the Crocodile hunter Steve Erwin died. That is not funny. So what is funny? It is funny how someone I never met could influence me so much. When I saw one of his interviews he was overflowing with passion about his work. He didn't care whether it was swimming with sharks or wrestling with Croc's he loved it and it showed. My wife made a comment to me that really rang out in my head, almost like church bells ringing (either that or it was my loss of hearing), she said "At least he died doing what he loved." Now I am sure she isn't the only one who will say this, but it is true. How many of us really are doing what we love. I know for some people it is making money and I thought that was part of it. But I guess it really isn't, at least for me.

A while back I quit my IT day job to go work part-time at a radio station. That was a huge risk I went from make a LOT of money to very little, but I found a job that made me happy. It was kind of like getting on stage and playing in a band, or writing a song that someone else sings. Well after several months I went and got a part-time job back in the IT industry making some extra money to keep me a float. That was only supposed to last a couple of months, but it lasted over a year. Then recently I was asked if I would like so more work from another company for MORE money and I accepted. Then this past weekend the Croc Hunter died and I was jealous of how he lived. How this man could figure out what he loved and just do it, knowing the consequences, but not caring. I have decided to quit both of those IT jobs and once again pursue a career in music. I want to be that man and maybe someday someone will say when I die "At least he died doing what he loved."

1 Comments:

Blogger clcimage said...

amen brotha. i feel ya. i can relate completely as you are aware.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home