Chris's Blog: Last night Oh My!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Last night Oh My!

Last night I sang a song with a co-worker for Kidd at the R&R convention. The R&R convention is a huge radio convention with a ton of radio and record label top guys. We sang a song that repeated the word F%$# in the chorus about 15 times. We sang to the label people at BMG, EMI and Jive records all in the name of a radio bit.

Sometimes I feel very torn about using music for a laugh and feel like it kind of cheapens my art. But then I think about all the brilliant songs over time that poked fun at life. Or even comedians that have written some brilliant songs. For instance "A$$hole" is a song by Dennis Leary that we do live in our PG-13 rated R shows and it is a great song and hilarious. Or I listen to Tenacious-D and just hear brilliance.

I am not saying that monkeyshyne is going in that direction but lately with our new music we sure haven't been afraid to sing about things we wouldn't have singing about 5 years ago. Just wait it is almost here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home