Chris's Blog: monkeyshine.info

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

monkeyshine.info

Yes I am pimping our new website again. This weekend we are in the studio and Saturday night we are heading out to Temple, Tx. There are some GREAT shows this weekend in Dallas, if you are a local music fan get out there. I managed to get an email interview with Steve from the band The Chemistry Set. Oz and I have seen them a few times and we our biggest compliment to the band is they right a great song. Steve thinks about what he is trying to say in a song and he and his band write actual "hooks". For those who don't know what a hook is it is that line after hearing a song for the first time that won't go away. Woodbelly is also playing and these guys are VERY talented and remind me of Stevie Wonder, who by the way is my favorite singer (after him it would be Chris Robinson of the Black Crowes). And of couse also is the Mad Mexicans, another band that writes great hooks. For those who don't know them they are a party rap/rock band with a bunch of mad mexicans. The funny thing is every time I talk to Roy and Robert (2 guys in the band) they are so nice, I guess the "mad" is a stage thing. Anyway check out http://www.monkeyshine.info for an interview and links to these bands and many others that we recommend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home