Chris's Blog: Voicing My Opinion

Monday, August 29, 2005

Voicing My Opinion

It is true Opinions are like assholes, everyone has got one. Of course I keep trying to give mine out and as most people would agree, I don't want that ass. I still haven't figured out how to give an opinion without it not being an opinion, more like a suggestion. Maybe thats it, maybe I just need to say "Can I make a suggestion..." I, like most people, believe that I am right the majority of the time. And I know that really makes a difference in an opinion, because to me it is more like a fact. Of course most people I know wouldn't agree with that statement. For instance I was in the practice room making a suggestion to Oz and I guess it came across more as a opinion or a fact (I don't know which), well he got on the defensive and told me that I was wrong, well that was his opininion or fact. So I am thinking I am right and you are wrong and that is my opinion, and of course his is opposite of that. See how things can just get so out of hand. Am I supposed to keep my opinions to myself? I mean think about the Wright brothers when they made the first plane. Wilber to Adam "Hey dude I think in order for this plane to fly you need wings of some sort on it" and of course Adam replied "Yah, what do you know, haven't you ever seen a missile, they don't need wings" and Wilber says "Ok, but haven't you ever seen a bird, they have wings" and Adam says "Sure I have seen chickens too, they have wings, but they don't fly." Luckily they came to some sort of agreement and put wings on it. So opinions whether are not they are like assholes, and whether they are good or bad, they are a part of life, in my opinion...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home