Chris's Blog: Changes in the Wind

Monday, August 22, 2005

Changes in the Wind

Here we go in another chapter of monkeyshyne history. For those who don't know, but soon will find out, Keith, our bass player, is leaving the band. I only have good things to say about the time Keith has been in the band. I think we all kind of knew that sooner or later the cummute from Temple to Dallas every weekend was going to get to him. I was just hoping later than sooner. I think Keith all showed us how dedicated we could be, he was a work horse, he didn't know the meaning of the word fail. Several times since knowing him he has fretted about tests that he had to take for the Air Force, funny cause I never had any doubt in my mind he would not pass them. I don't know too many guys that would have lasted as long as him driving as much as him. He is truely a special dude. We had our last show, fittingly enough, in the same bar that we met him in, hahaha, I am just a sentimental fool. And also for those wondering, this wasn't a bad breakup. Oz, Colin and I and Keith decided this was best for everyone. Will monkeyshyne get another bass player, probably one day, for now we will go back to the way it was in the beginning a 3 piece. I don't know if you've seen the movie Spinal Tap, but they couldn't keep a drummer. I guess for monkeyshyne that would be our bass players.

PS, what do you think about calling our next CD "Lick my love pump"

Peace
Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home