Chris's Blog: Studio Time

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Studio Time

Studio time is right around the corner and I can say I am excited and prepared to be beaten down. I like the studio, but I am a live musician, which means I have a lot of leverage to screw up. Drunken people are a lot more forgiving then the digital recording device. The first day I am usually totally pumped with energy, but by the 40th hour I will be balled up in a corner in a small dark sound room repeating to myself “You are OK, You are OK, I like me, You are OK…”

This time we are re-recording 2 songs that we have done in the past “Carry On” and “Superman.” We have never really been happy with either one of these past recordings, so we will finally be able to give them the time they deserve. We have 3 new songs we are putting on it as well, including “Get High” the song we wrote about feeling good, or to be completely honest it is about smoking a big FAT DOOBIE, everyone needs a good drug song, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home