Chris's Blog: Dallas Songwriters Association (DSA)

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Dallas Songwriters Association (DSA)

Oz and I have been going once a month the the Dallas Songwriters Association and next month Feb. 14th we are actually the guest speakers for the DSA. I know right, us speakers, sure if we are on stage with our guitars in hand and there are a bunch of people we can make fun of...Just kidding. We really are going to speak to the group about the Dallas music scene and what we have gone through and over the last 5+ years that is a lot. Check out http://www.dallassongwriters.org/ to read the upcoming preview of the meeting. Sure Oz and I are still hashing out exaclty "what" in the 5 years we are going to talk about, but I am sure the night before we will prepare to the highest degree.

This group is a kewl group of older and younger aspiring artists, so if you are reading this and you have every second Tuesday of the month free, you should check it out. Songwriting is an art and there are a lot of good things you can gather from learning other people's styles. One of my reasons that local bands are local, they don't understand how to write a GREAT song, most just write decent or good songs. Please feel free to write me and let me know if there is anything you can think of that I need to add to our presentation klewta@yahoo.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home