Chris's Blog: Overnight DJ in Wichita Falls

Monday, January 23, 2006

Overnight DJ in Wichita Falls

Yes I mentioned it in an earlier Blog, but figured I would mention it again. I am the midnight to 6am guy M-F on Real Rock Radio the buzz 106.3. It is a pretty sweet gig. I mean can you believe that they actually pay people to talk about music, that is just too kewl in my book. I have been struggling a little at the beginning. I mean I thought it would not be a problem to talk about music. But when the mic is on, your mind just kind of freezes up. Luckily when I am on stage with Oz and Colin I am usually feeling pretty good and buzzed and plus I have been on a stage for 16+ years of my life. There are several people I want to thank in helping me get the job. First I want to thank Big Colin, no shit, it was about 2 years ago and we played a wedding. And after we played I started spinning CDs and BSing with the crowd, after it was all done he said "Dude you were actually good", that gave me that little bit of confidence, our my foundation. Then there was Michael, an associate that told me to get out of the corporate world and find something I love (sure Clearchannel is corporate, but DJing isn't). And then Vicki Vox for pushing me to the station, you rock. I figure if I can be on radio and be "that guy" then monkeyshyne has a 100% chance of being on the radio, right...I guess we will soon find out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home