Chris's Blog: Rules to live by

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Rules to live by

For those of you who know me, you know that I am constantly in search for the road to enlightenment. I focus on my self improvement almost everyday. I even carry around a card in my wallet that states many do's and dont's in life. Here are a couple of examples: "Encourage people, do not critisize", "If you cannot say something nice, don't say anything at all", "Don't be afraid to take risks". Now I am not saying I always follow these, but I try and that is why I have them written down as a reminder. There is one HUGE one that I left off though, "DON'T TAKE YOURSELF TOO SERIOUSLY"...dammit, that is a tough one. See the problem with me is I really think I can control myself and the things I am involved with, and that is just out right bullshit. No one can except for the almighty himself. See instead of enjoying the ride of life most of the time, I am fighting to take the wheel, or to jump out of the car. I just can't sit back and let someone else drive and just laugh at the traffic. I mean life is meant to be funny, even God knows that. I mean have you ever really looked at a man's penis, those things are funny looking. What about eyebrows, I mean 2 little patches of hair growing out of nowhere. Or my favorite the man that has more hair on his back than on his head, THAT IS FUNNY. So at the top of my list "Don't take yourself too seriously"...nirvana here I come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home